Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunflower Nail Art

After a wonderful Christmas break it is finally back to work tomorrow, so I decided to do a bright and colourful nail design to help lift my post-Christmas mood blues. 

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_nailpolish

As a New Years promise I decided my first port of inspiration should be Ciate Advent Calendar because there are so many polishes that are still hidden away behind each little door, which seems a little sad! As my theme was bright and colourful Big Yellow Taxi, a beautiful canary yellow colour, immediately caught my eye. Firstly it reminded me of my travels to New York (I think more because of the name than anything), and then sunflowers as it is nearly spring (wishful thinking?!). I wanted a bright base, so I chose to use Revlon's Blue Lagoon, which is a sparkly baby blue colour. 

Until Next Time...


6 comments:

  1. These are so very cute!
    I can't wait for spring/ summer for all of the bright polishes to come back into fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Me too, I'm looking forward to pastel spring colours!

      Delete
  2. Aww I like this - sunflowers are so cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some cheer and colour at the moment, so what better way than on my nails?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me that people are reading my blog :)

I will reply to everyone!