Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge - Day 7

Today's nail art challenge was centered around Christmas fairy lights or the song Christmas Lights by Coldplay. 

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_christmaschallenge_12daysofchristmasnails

It was my first time using a sponge to create a gradient effect but I'm not sure about it. I think the design would look better on longer nails as I struggled to fit the lights on. 

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_christmaschallenge_12daysofchristmasnails

I used Revlon's Blue Lagoon as the base, it is a beautiful baby blue colour with a white/silver sparkle (I brought it last week from Poundworld - bargain!). I used Essie's Blanc and a make up sponge to try to create the snowy gradient effect. I then used a black striper to create the wire and a small brush to create green, blue, red and yellow fairy lights.

I feel my motivation has been lacking a little today, not entirely sure why (maybe it is because I'm half way through my challenge - phew)! Holly and the Ivy next...I'm hoping to muster up an easy-ish design as I struggled to do the holly on my Christmas pud nails. 

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me that people are reading my blog :)

I will reply to everyone!