Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge - Day 6

For today's nail art challenge I wanted to do a Christmas food related design hence choosing The Christmas Song for my theme ("chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."). I toyed with the idea of doing candy canes or gingerbread men but I decided to do little festive Christmas puddings.

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_christmaschallenge_12daysofchristmasnails

The ivy was particularly difficult to do, I ended up using a toothpick to create the outline of the ivy and then filling each in with a small paintbrush.

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_christmaschallenge_12daysofchristmasnails
Until next time...


6 comments:

  1. Oooh how did you do the tips? This is an awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I outlined the drips and then filled them in. I know you can use a dotting tool though - if you see melting ice cream tutorials it looks very similar ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of xmas puds but they are very cute and christmasy!

      Delete
  3. Loving the pud's, on my list of xmas themed mani's to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me that people are reading my blog :)

I will reply to everyone!