Saturday, December 29, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge - Day 12

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_christmaschallenge_12daysofchristmasnails

Zooey Deschanel's Christmas Sweater Nails

I made it to the final day of the challenge (even if it was a little behind schedule)! The last theme in the challenge was my favourite Christmas design. Last year I saw Zooey Deschanel's Christmas sweater nails on Instagram and I was instantly hooked on nail art!

 Before this point I had only ever dabbled in French manicures, so I had never actually done a nail art design. I attempted to recreate Zooey's design on my own nails but these were the days before I discovered dotting tools and paint brushes, so from what I can recall I used a bobby pin and a sewing pin. Needless to say it ended in disaster (and very nearly tears) when the nail polish went flying through the air and splattered my brand new Iphone, thankfully because it was shiny and new it had the ultimate protection and was saved - it really was a Christmas miracle! I ended up going on YouTube and discovered CutePolish's channel and followed her step by step tutorial on santa hats, and with that my obsession with all things nails began...

So I decided to face my fear and attempt the Christmas jumper design again...

nailart_nails_nallchallenge_design_art_nailvarnish_christmaschallenge_12daysofchristmasnails

I decided to shake up the design a little by doing red on a cream background, which I think worked really well. I am also very pleased with the reindeer, as I attempted a similar design on a friend a few weeks ago and the reindeer was too fat and antler-less.

I have learnt a lot about nails and nail art by doing this challenge, and I feel I have improved my skills by attempting more difficult designs.

I hope you have enjoyed my challenge :) Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me that people are reading my blog :)

I will reply to everyone!