Saturday, November 24, 2012

Japanese Geisha Nails

I went on holiday a few years ago to Japan to visit my friend who teaches English out there. We visited Kyoto, which is one of the only places left to see real geisha, and I managed to take a few photos but they were speedy (plus I felt more than a little rude shoving a camera in their face to take my 'cultural' shot!) ! My friend is currently back from Japan so I felt inspired to try out some Japanese geisha nails, also it's nice to reminisce about past travel adventures.


I was in Japan around March time, when the iconic sakura (cherry blossoms) start to bloom (they only bloom once a year), so I thought they would compliment the geisha nails. I used Barry M's Foil Effects nail polish in Gold for the flowers and as the base for my index and ring finger. Rimmel's Fierce Cherry was the perfect geisha lip red, so I decided to use it as the base of the cherry blossoms too. 

A geisha from my trip to Kyoto, Japan - March 2010

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me that people are reading my blog :)

I will reply to everyone!