Monday, November 19, 2012

Models Own - Snowflakes

I've wanted to try a Models Own nail polish for a while now, so after reading a blogpost about their new 'Wonderland Collection' I knew I had to buy one. I opted for 'Snowflakes', a clear-ish glitter polish with iridescent foil flakes, which immediately caught my eye.


 It really does look like Christmas in a bottle! I love it. 


This is only one coat, which I found gave a good overall coverage but I think it might be nice to build it up with a few more coats. Or use it as a topcoat to compliment your favourite Autumn/Winter nail polish. 


I found the flakes quite big so it was difficult to position them on the nail without any overlap. They also dry with a flaky 3D texture (no one likes the feeling of flaky nails), so I used a clear topcoat to give a smoother more polished finish.

I cannot wait to do a snowman/snowflake nail art design with this beautiful polish! 





3 comments:

  1. Lovely nail polish :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Cant wait to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essence also makes a really beautiful nail polish like this one. Instead of pearly reflects, the Catrice one relfects red and green. I love this sort of glitter polishes that have "flakes". They are beautiful for layering!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means a lot to me that people are reading my blog :)

I will reply to everyone!